If you have collected Matchbox for any extended period of time, you will know who David Tilley is.
- First off, he is a co-founder of the Lamley Group. (If you can't figure it out, he is the "ley" in "Lamley".)
- He is credited with establishing the term "DLM" (Diecast Liberation Movement), which we use often here. He has, and will, opened everything, no matter its scarcity or value.
- He has collected Matchbox his whole life, and won't deviate. It is Matchbox, then nothing.
- He served as the Matchbox Ambassador several years ago.
- He is nuts about shade variations. Let me reiterate...NUTS!
- He has always been a positive force in the Matchbox collecting community, and I don't know anyone who knows him who does not think the world of him.
DT, as I call him, took a bit of a leave of absence, and he has been greatly missed. So I, as the other half of the Lamley Group, am more than thrilled to have him return here at the place he belongs.
Although he won't post daily like I do, look for DT to contribute often with his vast knowledge of Matchbox, and also enjoy the shock as he documents some of his famous DLMs. I know of one coming that might cause a heart attack or two.
Alright, I have blabbed on enough. Like Matchbox Design Manager Dave Weise last week, DT returns with a profile on his favorite Matchbox models from yesterday and today.
My Favorite Matchbox, by David Tilley