On the heels of our K Case Report, we have another case to break down for you. Our Hot Wheels L Case arrived from Grana Toys on Saturday, and in Lamley fashion, we photographed everything as it was pulled.
Before we start the report, remember the Grana Toys has SEALED Hot Wheels L Cases for sale as we speak, and if you buy on their website and use the promo code "LAMLEY", you can get a special discount. Just follow the link:
GranaToys.com Hot Wheels L Cases for sale
If you would like to use eBay, they are available there as well, although the Lamley discount does not apply:
GranaToys HW L Cases on ebay
And hurry, there are only 7 cases left last we looked...
So here it is, our unabridged photo account of the what is in our 2014 Hot Wheels US L Case, pulled three models at a time:
The first 36:
New Model Alert - Poppa Wheelie
The next 36:
New Model Alert - '14 Corvette Stingray
Treasure Hunt Alert
Recolor Alert - Fast Bed Hauler
So there it is. All 72 models. Our thoughts:
- Once again, no Super, but that is ok. The Super in this case is the '76 Greenwood Corvette, and if you read Lamley, you know that it is one of our favorite models. So we made sure we already had one, and we gave it the First Look treatment last week. The mainline version is great on its own:
- The New Models in this case are heavy on Hot Wheels originals, with the '14 Corvette Stingray being the exception. (First Look pics coming soon.) As far as the originals go, the Poppa Wheelie will garner a lot of curiosity, but the Fast Bed Hauler should be the most popular.
- The heavy amount of non-licensed models is made up for with easily one of the best Regular Treasure Hunts of the year, the Custom El Camino. We have seen a lot of Regs left behind. That will probably not be the case with this one.
- As far as existing castings making their 2014 debut, we think the '99 Mustang and Mooneyes Beetle will be the most popular, outside of that Supercool Greenwood.
- The L Case will also have Zamac Exclusives at Walmart. Look for the Chevelle Wagon, Lincoln Continental, and Custom '69 Chevy.
We want to see what you get. Those of you who are lucky enough to buy a case from Grana, let us know what you get. Maybe one of you will be lucky enough to pull a Super...